The Center for Change Difference
We understand the dilemma in trying to find the best care available for you or your loved one. So many options can make it difficult to decide which one is right for your situation. At Center for Change, our holistic approach, rigorous medical and clinical program, wide range of levels of care and nurturing environment set us apart. Our extensive team includes seasoned medical, psychological and nutritional experts who have been carefully selected because of their expertise in treating both the outward symptoms and underlying causes of eating disorders. Call us and get your life back.
Founded in 1994 by a team of psychologists and a physician with a long history together, Center for Change continues to live out its mission to heal women from the inside out. A handpicked team of experts forms the backbone of what we do, and they are committed to helping each girl or woman get back their life and restore a sense of freedom that may have been absent for far too long.
The message of “hope is real” can be found woven through the entirety of the treatment experience at Center for Change. From those early days, our primary goal hasn’t changed: to improve lives. We have a long history of providing professional, caring eating disorder treatment and a proven track-record that shows we continue to live up to those early ideals while always looking to the future.
A 56,000-square foot eating disorder clinic and living space is found tucked just below the magnificent Wasatch Mountains in Orem, Utah
Meet Our Staff
Center for Change is devoted to providing a warm, caring atmosphere for those suffering from eating disorders and treatment which gives hope, healing and recovery toward a full and meaningful life.
Through research, experience and hard work, Center for Change will be a leader in the development of high-quality, cost-effective programs, treatments and educational materials, which increase understanding toward successful treatment of those suffering from eating disorders and related emotional illnesses.
- We place the patient first. We respect their rights and the need for confidentiality. We promote patient involvement, bringing individual perspectives, feelings and experiences to the design of effective treatment.
- Employees are critical to the success of the corporation. We encourage diversity, creativity, continuous learning and decisiveness. We expect integrity, commitment, mutual respect, teamwork and results. Family comes first. This will create an environment where employees are empowered to do their jobs and are accountable and rewarded for their contributions.
- We communicate both inside and outside the company in an open, clear, consistent, and honest manner. We build relationships with patients and employees that last a lifetime.
- We develop and implement treatment programs that are of the highest quality. We strive to continually improve our treatments, efficiency and productivity. Our goal is to provide cost-effective care without compromising treatment.
Eating disorders are complex illnesses that may require intensive treatment. Center for Change’s philosophy recognizes each individual’s innate capacity for healing and growth. With proper help and treatment, people suffering from eating disorders can recover.With this in mind, treatment at Center for Change is founded on three basic principles:
- Eating disorders are learned behaviors and therefore can be unlearned.
- Everyone has the capacity for recovery.
- High-quality intervention by trained professionals in a nurturing, home-like atmosphere is the best way of providing positive solutions to the self-destructive behaviors of these individuals.
Our staff are carefully selected, not just for their expertise in treating the symptoms and underlying causes of eating disorders, but also for their compassion and willingness to extend themselves on behalf of our patients. Center for Change offers programs where hope and healing can take place in an atmosphere of caring and hard work. The goal at Center for Change is to provide a setting for healing which addresses the patient’s needs in a cost-effective manner without compromising eating disorder treatment.