Center for Change has an on-site high school that has been accredited by AdvancED (NWAC) since 2004. Cascade Mountain High offers a block schedule to meet the needs of the students. This allows us to ensure that students not only get a coherent learning experience, but also that the credit they earn is substantial enough to make a difference when they return to their home schools. Because our students both start and end their time at CMHS based on their therapeutic progress (and not based on a school calendar), a “regular” schedule does not meet their needs. A block schedule allows students to earn .25 of a credit every two weeks.
The function and purpose of Cascade Mountain High School is as a support for the therapeutic program of Center for Change. While having a school within the Center allows the students to continue their educational progress, the main focus is to act as a therapeutic setting that allows the students to face “real world” situations and experiences with our focus toward therapeutic progression. While we understand that school is an important part of each of our student’s lives, our goal is to make sure they progress far enough in their individual treatment goals to make school a positive experience once they return to their home schools.
- English: English 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 and 12
- Social Studies: world civilizations, geography, US history, US government
- Science: biology, chemistry, physics, earth science, environmental science
- Math: pre-Algebra, algebra I, algebra II, geometry, pre-calculus/trigonometry, calculus
- CTE (career technology): business, marketing, business leadership, computer tech, keyboarding
Cascade Mountain Administration
Education Director - Elayne McArthur
Principal - Dave Carter
Clinical Director - Julie Clark, PhD