Intensive Outpatient Treatment
Our Intensive Outpatient Treatment (IOP) is offered at our Orem, UT, Salt Lake City, UT (Cottonwood Heights) and Boise, ID locations and allows clients to receive accelerated treatment for their eating disorder while still participating in daily responsibilities such as work or school. Clients who are in the IOP program show little need to restore weight and are medically stable. They may, however, require more than one weekly dietary and therapeutic session.
A typical IOP client usually feels that they need more structure in their week to deal with the underlying issues of their eating disorder and may require some supervision with their meal structure. Co-occurring disorders such as depression, anxiety, trauma or substance abuse are not creating a disturbance in daily functioning. IOP care is ideal for clients stepping down from Day Program (PHP) or Residential levels of care or for outpatients who need some additional support to diminish eating disorder behaviors.
Who Is a Candidate:
- Adolescent and adult women ages 15 and up
- Adolescent and adult men ages 15 and up
- Primary Diagnosis: anorexia, bulimia, OSFED or binge eating disorder
- medically stable
An assessment is required to determine the appropriateness for this level of care.
Schedule (at both Orem & Cottonwood Heights):
- Meets three times per week (11.5 total hours)
- Monday, Wednesday, Thursday evenings (flexible scheduling available)
- Licensed master’s-level or PhD-level primary therapists
- Registered dietitians
- Care technicians
- Licensed therapist (one 50-minute session per week)
- Registered dietitian (one 30-minute session per week)
Group Therapy Offerings:
- Debriefing and goal setting
- Skills Group (DBT/CBT)
- Open process group
- Body image group
- Relapse prevention group (families invited)
- Emotional eating group
- Balance and awareness group
- Shame resilience
- Guided meal each night
The admission process begins with a call to the admission team at 888-224-8250. A clinical assessment, as well as an insurance and financial review, will ensure that patients are admitted as clinically and medically appropriate and as insurance benefits and financial resources will allow.
- Levels of Care
- Research & Treatment
- Outpatient Medical Clinic