Please note that this is an Archived article and may contain content that is out of date. The use of she/her/hers pronouns in some articles is not intended to be exclusionary. Eating disorders can affect people of all genders, ages, races, religions, ethnicities, sexual orientations, body shapes, and weights.
Independent Living Program at Center for Change
The Independent Living Program (ILP) at Center for Change is for adult women ages 18+ and offers the structure of participating in our day treatment (PHP) program while residing off site. This program offers real world experiences as the Center provides a low cost housing option in conjunction with our day treatment program. This is particularly ideal for women who reside outside of the Provo/Orem and Salt Lake areas or outside the state. The ILP and PHP programs are free standing, which means that participants may enter the program directly, or may participate as part of a step down plan from higher levels of care. Highlights of our Independent Living Program include:
* Beautiful, fully furnished apartments with private and semi-private rooms.
* Apartment living experience with lovely mature grounds, clubhouse, swimming pool, and outdoor sand volleyball court.
* Transportation provided by Center for Change to/from the apartments each morning and evening.
* Shopping, banking, health & beauty services, restaurants, and medical care are all within walking distance. A full service bus system is available nearby for travel within the community after programming hours.
* Day treatment (PHP) programming offered up to 7 days/week with a flexible schedule to accommodate part-time work, school, or community service opportunities.
Did You Know?
Did you know Center for Change offers a monthly family week? We are committed to treating the whole person in order to provide the best possible foundation for continuing to walk the path of recovery. With our comprehensive focus, we work to involve families and loved ones as much as possible in our programs. To facilitate this, we offer a Family Week program and strongly encourage family members, spouses, and loved ones to take an active part.
March 27-29, 2014
New York, NY
Please join Tamara Noyes and Michael E. Berrett, PhD at this conference
April 7-8, 2014
Salt Lake City, UT
Our CEO Michael E. Berrett, PhD will be presenting Monday afternoon on “Treating the Malnourished Brain: Mind, Body & Soul of the Eating Disordered Client”
2014 Alaska Behavioral Health Conference
April 22-24, 2014
Michael E. Berrett will be presenting Tuesday on “Fifteen Critical Keys to Treatment and Recovery from Eating Disorder Illness”. Also say hi to Cassie Riddle!
12th Annual US Journal Conference
April 24-26, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Please watch for Kari Jacobsen at this event!