Author: Nicole Hawkins, Ph.D
“We offer the most complete and comprehensive treatment available anywhere for women suffering with anorexia and bulimia. Through extensive experience we have developed intensive and transitional treatment programs which are complementary and preparatory to resuming a full, hopeful, and happy life.”
Center for Change is a specialty eating disorder clinic dedicated to the treatment of those who suffer from anorexia, bulimia, and other eating disorders along with their many coexisting emotional illnesses. Founded in 1996, the Center’s treatment programs grew out of the expertise its founders developed over more than twelve years of previous experience in treating eating disorders.
CENTER FOR CHANGE PROGRAMS
Center for Change is pleased to announce that beginning in September 2003 the Center will expand its program offerings to provide treatment at every level of intensity and transition necessary for complete and comprehensive care which will ensure the greatest possibility for positive outcome and recovery. The Center is adding a full-scale Residential Treatment Program, and a complete Education Program which will include a licensed private school to make it possible for adolescents, grades 8 through 12, to continue their academic education as they progress through treatment. The Center’s treatment programs will be connected and adaptable, making it possible to tailor treatment to meet the individual needs of those who come for treatment. The programs offered at the Center are for women ages 13 – 18, and for adult women of all ages:
- Acute Inpatient Program
- Subacute Inpatient Program
- Residential Treatment Program (Clinical and Academic)
- Day / Partial Hospitalization Program
- Independent Living Program
- Aftercare Life Skills Program
- Outpatient Treatment (Multi-Modal and Team Approach)
INTENSIVE INPATIENT AND RESIDENTIAL TREATMENT FOR EATING DISORDERS
Those admitted to our programs all have in common a significant and debilitating eating disorder of anorexia, bulimia, or other mixed eating disorders. These intensive programs serve both adolescent and adult populations.
Every patient admitted to the Center’s intensive treatment programs will first be involved in 14 days of intensive observation, assessment, and acute psychiatric treatment. Following the initial fourteen days, the patient will complete Acute Inpatient, Subacute Inpatient, and Residential treatment programs according to their specific needs as planned by the treatment team, and according to the patient’s level of preparedness to move through different levels of intensive and residential care. The length of time in inpatient care will typically range between 30 and 60 days.
The length of stay in the Residential Treatment Program for adults will range between three to seven months. The length of stay for adolescents in the Residential Treatment Program typically may range between four and fifteen months based upon individual and academic need.
COMPLETE EDUCATION PROGRAM
The Education Program at Center for Change has three basic components which extend through the intensive inpatient programs and the residential program:
- Life Skills Clinical Curriculum: This curriculum is taught to all patients and residents.
- Adult Education Program: The adult program will include informal academic education, Life Skills Clinical Curriculum, and intensive Life Skills Academic Classes taught by certified secondary teachers and professionals. This program will utilize networking with Workforce Services, vocational rehabilitation, and will coordinate with local colleges and universities, according to the individual needs of the adults in the program.
- Adolescent Education Program: The adolescent program includes the Life Skills Clinical Curriculum and a full Academic Program. The Academic Program will be licensed by the State of Utah as a private school, and will, in due time, receive Northwest Accreditation. The school will provide curriculum which meets the core guidelines of the State of Utah, and will provide elective curriculum and credits as well. Grades 8 through 12 will be offered, with credits towards graduation given. Teachers will be certified.
Center for Change has a large existing outpatient program which will continue to serve a general clinical population of children, adolescents, and adults. Treatment is given for eating disorders and a broad array of emotional and mental difficulties along with couple and family therapy.Share