You are here
Evening Intensive Outpatient (IOP) Treatment
The Evening Program (IOP) allows clients to receive accelerated treatment for their eating disorder, while still participating in their daily responsibilities such as work or school.
Clients who are in the IOP program show little need to restore weight and are medically stable. They may, however, require more than one weekly dietary and therapeutic session.
A typical IOP client usually feels that they need more structure in their week to deal with the underlying issues of their eating disorder and may require some supervision with their meal structure. Co-occurring disorders such as depression, anxiety, trauma or substance abuse are not creating a disturbance in daily functioning.
IOP care is ideal for clients stepping down from Day Program (PHP) or Residential levels of care or for outpatients who need some additional support to diminish eating disorder behaviors.
- Adolescent & Adult women ages 15 and up
- Primary Diagnosis: Anorexia Nervosa / Bulimia Nervosa / EDNOS / Binge Eating
- Assessment required to determine appropriateness for this level of care
- Meets 3x per week / 11.5 total hours per week
- Monday / Wednesday / Thursday – 3/4pm to 7/7:30pm
- Licensed Masters level or PhD level clinicians
- Registered Dietitians
- Care Technicians
- Licensed Clinician – 1x per week – 50 minute session
- Registered Dietitian – 1x per week – 30 minute session
- Debriefing and Goal Setting
- Skills Group (DBT / CBT)
- Open Process Group
- Spirituality / 12-Step Group
- Relapse Prevention Group (families invited)
- Emotional Eating Group
- Balance & Awareness Group
- Evening Goals
- Dinner is served each night