The Independent Living Program (ILP) at Center for Change is for adult women ages 18+ and offers the structure of participating in our day treatment (PHP) program while residing off site. Our independent living facility offers real world experiences and provides a low cost housing option in conjunction with our day treatment program. This is particularly ideal for women who reside outside of the Provo/Orem and Salt Lake areas or outside the state. The ILP and PHP programs are free standing, which means that participants may enter the program directly, or may participate as part of a step down plan from higher levels of care. Highlights of our Independent Living Program include:
• Beautiful, fully furnished apartments with private and semi-private rooms.
• Apartment living experience with lovely mature grounds, clubhouse, swimming pool, and outdoor sand volleyball court.
• Transportation provided by Center for Change to/from the apartments each morning and evening.
• Shopping, banking, health & beauty services, restaurants, and medical care are all within walking distance. A full service bus system is available nearby for travel within the community after programming hours.
• Day treatment (PHP) programming offered up to 7 days/week with a ‑flexible schedule to accommodate part-time work, school, or community service opportunities.
The day treatment (PHP) program at Center for Change focuses on actively treating eating disorders, preventing relapse, improving body image, setting goals, facing fears, and accomplishing specific social, vocational, and educational tasks. The program is designed to help participants with the practical application of learned skills. Clients participate in individual psychotherapy, family sessions, dietary counseling, experiential groups, psycho-educational groups, and therapeutic meals and snacks. Clients will have regular psychiatric care and rounding with medical staff.
- Adolescent girls & Adult women ages 15 and up (18+ for ILP)
- Primary Diagnosis: Anorexia / Bulimia / OSFED / Binge Eating Disorder
- Assessment required to determine appropriateness for this level of care
- Offered 7 days/week
- Morning or afternoon tracks available
- Licensed Masters level or PhD level primary therapists
- Registered Dietitians
- Psychiatrists & Psychiatric Nurse Practitioners
- Medical Providers
- Experiential Therapists (Art R.T., Yoga, RIMBA, Recreation Therapy)
- Care Technicians
- Licensed Therapist – 2x per week – 60 minute session
- Registered Dietitian – 2x per week – 30 minute session / meal planning
- Medical rounding – 1x per week
- Psychiatric Rounding – 1x per week
- Registered Nurse Contact – 1x per week
- Grocery Outing and Challenge Eating Out Experience – rotating 1x per week
- Debriefing and Goal Setting
- Skills Group (DBT / CBT)
- Balance & Awareness Group
- Open Process Group
- Group Movement Therapy (Yoga, RIMBA)
- Ceremonial Group
- Art R.T. Group
- Body Image Group
- Self Esteem Group
- Community Meeting
- Life Skills Group
- Spirituality / 12-Step Group
- Relapse Prevention Group (families invited)
- Off Campus Recreation Therapy Activities
- Recovery Mindset Group
Supervised meals & snacks
The admission process begins with a call to the admission team at 888-224-8250. A clinical assessment, as well as an insurance and financial review, will assure that patients are admitted as clinically and medically appropriate and as insurance benefits and financial resources will allow.