Offered at Two Locations:
1790 N State St
Orem, UT 84057
7050 Highland Dr Suite 310
Cottonwood Heights, UT 84121
Our intensive outpatient program is appropriate for male and female clients who are medically stable and are still participating in school or work but require more than one weekly dietary and therapeutic session. This program is often used to follow the Day Outpatient Program or Residential levels of care so they can receive additional support to diminish eating disorder behaviors.
The Evening Program (IOP) allows clients to receive accelerated treatment for their eating disorder, while still participating in their daily responsibilities such as work or school.
A typical IOP client usually feels that they need more structure in their week to deal with the underlying issues of their eating disorder and may require some supervision with their meal structure. Co-occurring disorders such as depression, anxiety, trauma or substance abuse are not creating a disturbance in daily functioning.
IOP care is ideal for clients stepping down from Day Program (PHP) or Residential levels of care or for outpatients who need some additional support to diminish eating disorder behaviors.
- Adolescent & Adult women ages 15 and up
- Adolescent & Adult men ages 15 and up
- Primary Diagnosis: Anorexia / Bulimia / OSFED / Binge Eating Disorder
- Assessment required to determine appropriateness for this level of care
Schedule: (offered at both our Orem location & Cottonwood Heights location)
- Meets 3x per week / 11.5 total hours per week
- Monday / Wednesday / Thursday evenings (flexible scheduling available)
- Licensed Masters level or PhD level primary therapists
- Registered Dietitians
- Care Technicians
- Licensed Therapist – 1x per week – 50 minute session
- Registered Dietitian – 1x per week – 30 minute session
Group Therapy Offerings:
- Debriefing and Goal Setting
- Skills Group (DBT / CBT)
- Open Process Group
- Body Image Group
- Relapse Prevention Group (families invited)
- Emotional Eating Group
- Balance & Awareness Group
- Shame Resilience
Guided meal each night
The admission process begins with a call to the admission team at 888-224-8250. A clinical assessment, as well as an insurance and financial review, will assure that patients are admitted as clinically and medically appropriate and as insurance benefits and financial resources will allow.